- Organized in collaboration with INSEAD Business School, the awards seek to support and promote female talent in the technology sector by recognizing the trajectories of innovators, leading women in IT, within the Microsoft partner network in Western Europe.
- Winners will be able to participate in the prestigious Women Leaders Training Program developed by INSEAD.
- All nominees will join the new Microsoft Power Women in Tech community, providing a unique space for professionals to create networking and get support to boost your career.
Microsoft continues to deepen its commitment to diversity in the IT sector and on this occasion International Women’s Daythe company has announced first edition of the awards Microsoft Power Women in Tech Awards,
These awards are created by Microsoft in collaboration with INSEAD Business School and aims to Recognize women leaders innovating in IT, inside of Microsoft Partner Network in Western Europe. It’s about giving visibility to the women who are driving innovation in their companies so that they can be benchmarks for other women and girls, and encourage them to pursue careers in the technology sector, where there are many job opportunities And where there are no women. adequately represented.
according to a recent report Women dominate consulting firm McKinsey 22% Tech jobs in Europe. This is something that is indicated Pilar Lopez, Vice President of Microsoft Western Europe, “At a time when all companies are becoming tech companies, it affects all sectors. The lack of diversity is a real threat to our sector’s ability to innovate at a good pace.”
winner of Microsoft Power Women in Tech Awards Can get prestigious training Women Leaders Program, developed by INSEAD Business School. The business school has offices in Europe (France), Asia (Singapore), the Middle East (Abu Dhabi) and North America (San Francisco), as well as alliances with top-tier institutions around the world, and has produced over 11,000 executives. trains. every year.
Similarly, all the nominees will be included in the new Comunidad Microsoft Power Women in Techwhich was born with the aim of providing a unique space for professionals to do networking and get support to boost your career.
Microsoft and partner commitment to diversity
Microsoft and its ecosystem of partners share a commitment to working to promote diversity in the IT industry.
Thus, since its launch, many business partners of the company have joined “Partner Pledge””, an initiative that seeks to strengthen and promote actions around four pillars: digital skills, responsible and ethical AI, sustainability, and where diversity and inclusion hold a prominent place.
The Microsoft Power Women in Tech Awards is a new example of these initiatives within companies to foster an environment of equality and inclusion and encourage diverse digital talent.
Requirements to participate
All candidates will be assessed by a panel of leaders from Microsoft and its International Association of Partners – IAMCP (International Association of Microsoft Channel Partners). Nominees must:
- Work at a Microsoft partner company
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in a leadership position in the IT sector.
- There is evidence of work, performance and impact in promoting diversity.
- Presence in social networks as an influencer or opinion maker will also be given importance.
Consult all the terms and clauses in https://aka.ms/MPWITATermsandConditions
All the details of the initiative can be seen Here.
For more information, please visit Posted by Pilar Lopez, Vice President, Microsoft Western Europe.
tag: Diversity, Microsoft Power Women in Tech Awards, STEM women, partner pledge, partners